Copy this code and use at checkout
Submitted: 4 months ago
Jelly beans are small sugar candies that have grown to become one of the world’s favorite candies. It has been mentioned as early as the mid 1800s, and was mentioned in periodicals since early 1900s. It contains a lot of sugar, and eventually grew in popularity by the 1920s, when world-renowned author F. Scott Fitzgerald was referencing the candy in his short stories. Regardless, jelly beans have gained a worldwide audience from everyone from men, women, to children.
Jelly Belly is a company that has been there from the beginning, and not a company that simply hopped on a trend. In fact, the history of jelly beans and Jelly Belly is actually inevitably intertwined, and the company is often considered synonymous with the actual product itself, which goes to show how embedded the company is with American culture. The company now rakes in hundreds of millions of dollars, and is a global force. It has even partnered up with some of the biggest corporations in the world as a result, and has been loved by U.S. presidents, as well. It truly is remarkable to see how far a company like Jelly Belly has come.
Here is a quick history of Jelly Belly, and how the company has grown to be a global company with facilities in different countries.
- Gustav Goelitz opened a candy business in Illinois in 1869.
- In 1894, Gustav’s sons carried on the business.
- In the 1940s, even though World War 2 was limiting candy production, the company introduced Mint Wafers.
- In 1965, mini Jelly Beans are introduced, to expand product selection. They were infused with flavor in the center.
- Governor Ronald Reagan discovered the product, and immediately loves it, describing how much he eats it during meetings where important political decisions are made.
- In 1976, the first eight flavors are introduced.
- 5 tons of Jelly Belly beans were shipped to Washington D.C. to celebrate Reagan’s inauguration.
- The company’s character, Mr. Jelly Belly, makes its first public appearance.
- The Jelly Belly name is stamped on every bean by 1996.
- In 2010, the company introduces chocolate-covered jelly beans.
More Than A Company
JellyBelly.Com is about more than just providing jelly beans at this point, especially after Ronald Reagan. It’s really become part of the culture, and given the world the premium version of an extremely popular candy. Here are some ways that it is more than just a regular candy company:
- There are now visitor centers in California and Wisconsin where families can go, and check out all sorts of information about the product, which makes checking out the company an entire experience for the family.
- The company has made strategic alliances with conglomerates such as Disney, Cold Stone Creamery, Jurassic World, Justice League Heroes, and more, so that it can really be about more than just a candy, but be part of children and their most beloved characters and stories.
- Jelly Belly also has holiday jelly beans, to celebrate different cultures, and prove that they celebrate all sorts of occasions, worldwide.
Jelly Belly is truly the story of the American dream, as it came from a storefront, to being eaten by a U.S. President. In fact, there is even a portrait made out of 10,000 Jelly Belly beans that hangs in the California library dedicated to him. For those who doubt the cultural impact of the candy, consider this: every year, enough jelly beans are eaten to circle the entire world, five times! JellyBelly.com is the place to go to, whether you want to purchase some for holidays, or in bulk, and it can help bring joy to the family. Check it out today!
What About Coupons?
Now that you have a coupon code, it is only a matter of redeeming it correctly. Most stores have a place where you can enter the code at the checkout, and you will have the discount applied and the final total after the discount before paying. It is very important that you confirm that the coupon is applied before you complete the checkout since it is very common to make mistakes when entering case-sensitive or random codes. Most of the leading online retailers show you if there is an error when entering the combination. If not, always make sure you check that the final total has actually become cover before you buy.
In case you do not see a place for entering the combination, which might be a User Interface problem or a design glitch, you can always contact the customer service and get help to apply your code successfully.
How to know if your purchase is eligible for discount?
Most coupon codes come with a deadline and a set of terms and conditions. Usually, they are mentioned in the fine print which is easy to miss. If you see that a promo combo is not working, it is possible that you do not fall under the eligibility criteria of the campaign. First of all, check if the deadline for the promotion hasn’t expired yet. Usually, these deals last for less than a week. Following are some of the most common terms and conditions that comewith these campaigns, so make sure that your purchase meets these requirements.
- Coupon code cannot be applied to the orders previously placed;
- Should be within the promotional period;
- Not redeemable for cash or credit;
- Not valid on items excluded from the promotions;
- Not valid on sale items;
- Should be entered prior to completing the order.
Tips and tricks
If your retailer allows you to use multiple codes at once, you can use them strategically to get the best value out of them. For an example, if you have two coupon codes with 30% discount in one and then 15% discount in another, make sure that you used the higher discount to the full price first. That way, when you enter the 15% off to the already lowered price, you get a greater reduction rather than using it vice versa.
Whenever you are using a coupon code, make sure you go for the free shipping option even with some extra purchases since delivery rates applied to the bulk purchase can negate the savings you’ve made through taking part in the promo campaign.
If you find that your deal code has been expired but by only a day or two, do not hesitate to give a call to the customer support to see what they can do. More often than not, they will still provide a discount since at the end of the day, they want you to go ahead with buying from them, not the competitors.
There are many online stores that offer a flat off like 10% or 20% merely for subscribing to their mailing list. If you have a few active emails that you can use and only want to buy that particular product a few times, you can create a few accounts using the different emails to claim that discount. By creating accounts with competition websites, you can monitor and compare prices and deals offered for the same product.