Copy this code and use at checkout
Submitted: 1 year ago
A recent study conducted by Telegraph in 2013 concluded that kids are on the internet twice as long as their parents “think” they are. For many, this isn’t surprising. The newer generations have always tended to find and become absorbed in new technologies, similarly to how millennials were more involved with video games and the internet before their parents were, and the generation before that watched more television than their parents once television became more advanced and accessible, and so on. However, one statistic from the same study was particularly alarming: children were beginning to use the internet at the age of three.
In fact, 2/3 of the children even admitted to “having a negative experience” online, with only around 1/5 of the parents realizing that this particular experience even occurred! We all recognize that the internet can be an amazing tool for cognitive advancement of all sorts, but the truth is that it can also serve to negatively affect the way that our children grow. Whether it is sexual content, intolerance, or criminal activity, parents everywhere are looking for a better way to block and filter the content that their children have access to on the internet. That’s why companies such as Net Nanny are so important, especially right now.
Net Nanny isn’t a new company that just came about. It recognized the need to protect children a long time ago, which is why one might be surprised to find that it has helped millions of parents for over two decades now. That’s correct! NetNanny.com was actually founded in 1996, before many parents even truly understood the kind of harmful content that their kids could be exposed to. It offers the ability to filter particular websites, block certain apps, and more. The Net Nanny technology is even award-winning: the company has The National Parenting Center seal of approval, in addition to nabbing the “Gold Winner” award at the 2014 National Parenting Publication Awards.
Net Nanny is smart enough to offer various plans, because Net Nanny understands that every family has different needs and expectations, and that there are children of various ages that could see certain levels of content while needing to be protected from others. Here are the plans that Net Nanny offers:
- 1 Device: This plan is for 1 PC or Mac, and is offered for $39.99.
- Family Pass: This plan is “per device”, up to 5 devices, which is perfect for the family that is constantly sharing “family” devices. This is to ensure that children don’t have different levels of access on different devices. This plan is offered at $12 per device.
- Family Pass: There is another family pass that is a “per device”, but up to 10 devices, for the family that is truly technologically connected in every way possible. This plan is offered at $9 per device.
Now, let’s delve into some of the features that Net Nanny actually can boast about. Net Nanny does more than just one thing. It is not simply a way for parents to monitor their children, but it truly does have various features, so that one can tailor exactly what and what isn’t allowed.
- Internet Filter: Filters can be customized to filter out certain content. This means content related to alcohol, death/gore, gambling, and more. If your child is particularly depressed over a specific incident, you can choose to filter out “suicide”. If you are concerned about the time that they are spending watching certain programs, you can filter out “anime” for example. Of course, this also includes sexual content, weapons, drugs, nudity, and more.
- Pornography Blocking: Net Nanny boasts the best pornographic-blocking software on the internet, and it is “smart”, meaning that it knows, for example, how to differentiate between “breast” in the pornographic sense, and “chicken breast”. New websites are even added every hour to Net Nanny’s list to protect your children.
- Profanity Masking: Vulgar words will be replaced with special characters, such as a “@” or “$”. For example, after profanity masking is turned on, your child might see the following sentence: “I am so @%#% tired”.
- Alerts and Reporting: Ultimately, every parent wants to know when their child is attempting to access something inappropriate. You can keep tabs on this with Net Nanny and receive an e-mail every time this happens.
- Time Management: We all know that technology can cut into valuable family time. That’s why Net Nanny allows users to block off certain times to ensure that schedules are managed properly.
NetNanny.com is more than just a service – it truly cares about families and their children. That’s why you can access their blog to read articles about how your children can be affected by the wrong content, for free. Net Nanny also offers a 14 day return policy on all new purchases, to ensure that their customers and users are satisfied.
No matter who you are, you understand that the internet can be very powerful. The internet can make international superstars off of one viral video, and can be an amazing educational resource. Unfortunately, it also can do as much harm as it does good. That’s why online accountability has to start within the family first – which is something that Net Nanny has understood now for over 20 years.
Whether your concern is about a gaming addiction growing, too much sexual content, or the use of profanity – you can find that Net Nanny is the resource that your family needs to raise your child properly, while still recognizing that the internet is necessary in the 21st century. The program can give you a peace of mind that few products ever could, as you know for a fact that your child is not being cyberbullied, harassed, or accessing content that they are not ready for. It is one of the few products you can purchase that can give you something priceless in return – a family that spends more time together, and values that time together more than ever. Choose your plan with Net Nanny today.
What About Coupons?
Now that you have a coupon code, it is only a matter of redeeming it correctly. Most stores have a place where you can enter the code at the checkout, and you will have the discount applied and the final total after the discount before paying. It is very important that you confirm that the coupon is applied before you complete the checkout since it is very common to make mistakes when entering case-sensitive or random codes. Most of the leading online retailers show you if there is an error when entering the combination. If not, always make sure you check that the final total has actually become cover before you buy.
In case you do not see a place for entering the combination, which might be a User Interface problem or a design glitch, you can always contact the customer service and get help to apply your code successfully.
How to know if your purchase is eligible for discount?
Most coupon codes come with a deadline and a set of terms and conditions. Usually, they are mentioned in the fine print which is easy to miss. If you see that a promo combo is not working, it is possible that you do not fall under the eligibility criteria of the campaign. First of all, check if the deadline for the promotion hasn’t expired yet. Usually, these deals last for less than a week. Following are some of the most common terms and conditions that comewith these campaigns, so make sure that your purchase meets these requirements.
- Coupon code cannot be applied to the orders previously placed;
- Should be within the promotional period;
- Not redeemable for cash or credit;
- Not valid on items excluded from the promotions;
- Not valid on sale items;
- Should be entered prior to completing the order.
Tips and tricks
If your retailer allows you to use multiple codes at once, you can use them strategically to get the best value out of them. For an example, if you have two coupon codes with 30% discount in one and then 15% discount in another, make sure that you used the higher discount to the full price first. That way, when you enter the 15% off to the already lowered price, you get a greater reduction rather than using it vice versa.
Whenever you are using a coupon code, make sure you go for the free shipping option even with some extra purchases since delivery rates applied to the bulk purchase can negate the savings you’ve made through taking part in the promo campaign.
If you find that your deal code has been expired but by only a day or two, do not hesitate to give a call to the customer support to see what they can do. More often than not, they will still provide a discount since at the end of the day, they want you to go ahead with buying from them, not the competitors.
There are many online stores that offer a flat off like 10% or 20% merely for subscribing to their mailing list. If you have a few active emails that you can use and only want to buy that particular product a few times, you can create a few accounts using the different emails to claim that discount. By creating accounts with competition websites, you can monitor and compare prices and deals offered for the same product.